ADVOCATES FOR THE PROTECTION OF CHILDREN FROM SEXUAL OFFENCES ACT-POCSO
Sexual abuse of a child is devastating to the child. It is a tragedy and a traumatic incident. It is very sad when it occurs in the hands of family members, teachers, caregivers, or strangers whom the child trusts.
Our Criminal law firm based in Chennai, handles child sexual abuse cases. Our Attorneys for Criminal cases especially for POCSO offer compassionate and aggressive representation to the victims of child sex abuse. In case you underwent sexual abuse as a child. Our Criminal advocates in Chennai are here to explain your legal options. Senior lawyers in our Criminal law office provide legal aid to defend fake POCSO Cases too.
The Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act 2012 – POCSO ACT applies all over India. As per the POCSO Act, a child is a person below 18 years. This Act provides protection to all children under the age of 18 years from sexual abuse. This Act follows the principle of “best interest of the child” during the trial process.
- Offenses and its punishment under POCSO ACT,2012
- Penetrative sexual assault – 7 YEARS TO LIFE IMPRISONMENT
- Aggravated Penetrative sexual assault – 10 YEARS R/I TO LIFE IMPRISONMENT
- Sexual assault – 3 YEARS TO 5 YEARS
- Aggravated sexual Assault – 5 YEARS TO 7 YEARS
- Sexual harassment – UP TO 3 YEARS
Note: All aggravated penetrative sexual assault will get punished with rigorous imprisonment. Imprisonment for life comes under rigorous imprisonment. The offender is also liable for fine
Are any compensation given to the victim of child sexual abuse?
There are various criteria laid down by the act to award compensation by the special court. It includes loss of education, employment, and disability. It also includes pregnancy or disease suffered by the victim. The compensation can get awarded during the trial or after the trial.
Roles of Special Court under POCSO Act during the trial
Under the POCSO Act, the trial for child sexual abuse gets conducted in a special court. As per the POCSO Act, the trial will complete within one year.
- The special court allows a family member or other person who the child trusts. Thus it aims to create a child-friendly atmosphere.
- The special court allows frequent breaks during the trial to help the child.
- In fact, The special court does not order the frequent presence of children for testification.
- The special court does not permit the child’s character assassination and aggressive questioning
- The special court maintains the dignity of the child.
- The identity of the child is not disclosed
Child Sexual Abuse-The price paid by a child
Child sexual abuse leaves back a lifetime of emotional scars on the child. Sexually abused children are often unable to lead a happy and fulfilling life. These children may have destructive behavior patterns like abuse, criminal activity, and unemployment.
It is most common for victims of child sexual abuse to:
- Need ongoing therapy to deal with the trauma
- experience insomnia or depression
- show post-traumatic stress disorder symptoms
- Develop addictions like alcohol, drugs, or gambling
- Block the trauma from memory
- Aggressive behavior
- May have trust issues
In case you are a victim of child sexual abuse and suffer from hardship. Remember, the blame lies with someone else. When some one robs your innocence and emotional well-being, You have every right to pursue justice and compensation.
The advocates at our law firms are passionate advocates for victims of POCSO offense. We understand it is a delicate thing to pursue legal action for child sexual abuse. But justice should triumph. We want you to let us help you. We support you with our strong and aggressive representation. is
What is Child Sexual Abuse?
When a child gets forced or persuaded to take part in sexual activities, it is child sexual abuse.
There may not be physical contact. Child sexual abuse can be online. The child may not understand the acts as abuse. The child may not think it’s wrong. Mainly, The child may be afraid to speak
They may not even understand that it’s wrong. Or they may be afraid to speak out.
It as an act that involves unwanted sexual contact with a child. It not only includes touching and fondling a child in sexual nature but also includes
- Showing children explicit images
- Talking to children in a sexually charged language
- Showing pornography
- clicking inappropriate photos of a child
- Asking a child to take or send inappropriate photos of themselves
- Revealing oneself to a child
- Oral sex
Reasons for non-reporting of sexual abuse incident by a child
A child with the trauma of sexual abuse may be fearful in reporting the incident for a variety of reasons:
- A child may fear that her accusations may not get considered as a serious matter
- Moreover, A child may have an uneasiness about the entire scenario
- A child may have Embarrassment about the incident
- A child may deny the severity of the mishap
- In light of the fact, A child may have Fear of vengeance from the accused
The victims of child sexual abuse have the right to come forward. Furthermore, They can take legal action against the attacker. Our Senior Criminal attorneys at our Law office assure you to treat you with utmost respect and dignity. Moreover, Our Criminal lawyers in Chennai high court always act in your best interest.
The major Indian Criminal defense team
Rajendra Criminal Law Firm is a law firm with a major Indian defense team of highly competent, well-experienced, and dedicated. In other words, We are a full-service company law and deal with civil and criminal litigation in the district courts, high courts, and the Supreme Court of India. Our company specializing in compliance and regulatory work for large corporate clients. In addition, we deal with the issues of arbitration both in India and abroad, including the International Arbitration.
- Understanding Domestic Violence Cases
- Draconian Nature of POCSO Offences
- Best Lawyers for JUVENILE LAW in Chennai
- Rape Cases
- POCSO: 3 men arrested for kidnapping, sexual violence
This Law Firm also does real estate-related due diligence. Our attorneys have extensive experience in advising international clients that includes India as well as leading corporate and individual high-net-worth. In fact, We appreciate the story of every person who walks through our door and takes time to nurture them until they mature and reach a safe shore. Above all, we take pride in taking a holistic approach when dealing with the case, make sure the deep respect and sensitivity to our clients.
Contact the Best POCSO advocate in Chennai
Do you have any queries about child sexual abuse claims? Get answers from our Criminal advocates in Chennai who have hands on experience in child sex abuse claims. Our Criminal advocates for POCSO have strong legal backgrounds and extensive legal knowledge. In fact, You have a good chance of being successful in your child sexual abuse claims and Other remedy. Our Criminal lawyers legal skills are of extensive help in negotiating settlement before jury or outside of court. Contact our criminal attorneys today, We stand for you in the first place.